To Apply for a course at YRLC
The following information details what you will need to do to come to YRLC. Unfortunately for most students, you will need a special Student Visa to enter The Russian Federation (a tourist visa is not sufficient).
The process of getting Russian Visas is not easy. For more information you should check online the requirements of the Russian Visa Centre in your country.
The main steps are as follows:
- Send us a scan or photocopy of your passport (picture page) for your visa invitation letter to be produced in Yaroslavl.
We will need this at least 6 weeks before your arrival.
- Give us your mailing address and telephone numbers (both home and mobile), to send you an official invitation and your Statement letter ("spravka") if you are an individual student. You will need these for your visa application.
- Tell us if you wish your official invitation to be sent by DHL or by any other mailing service.
- Agree the method of payment (i.e. cash on arrival or bank transfer. You must ensure that you pay all bank charges if you wish to pay via bank transfer).
- Fill in the Application Form and Questionnaire for Khozyaikas (hostesses).
- Check the nearest Russian Visa Centre to familiarize you with the visa requirements. All the applications have to be made online. You may find the separate article on Russian Visas useful.
- Find the best way to travel to Russia and contact us with the flight details and your plans for travelling to Yaroslavl (I.e. Whether you need to be met at the airport in Moscow, or the railway station in Yaroslavl). You can find more details about travelling from Moscow to Yaroslavl here.
- If you wish to be met at the airport - If you are coming in a group or on the same date and at the same airport as other students, you will definitely be met by the bus, but we must know the details well in advance.
If you have any question at all about your visit to Russia just contact us and I will be happy to answer them.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Best wishes from Yaroslavl.
Anna Abrosimova, director of YRLC.